Mercedes-Benz SLK Roadster Grand Tourer Sport Car available at Thailand, United Kingdom, Australia, Dubai, US top Mercedes-Benz Dealer Exporter
The SLK is a compact roadster manufactured by Mercedes-Benz in three generations; R170 launched in 1996, the R171 in 2004 and R172 in 2011.
As one of the first modern retractable hardtop convertibles, the SLK followed the 1995 Mitsubishi 3000GT Spyder and preceded other retractable hardtops such as the Peugeot 206cc, Lexus SC, Pontiac G6 and the Chrysler Sebring. The SLK Vario-roof was first shown on the SLK II concept car at the 1994 Paris Motor Show. The car went on sale two years later in Europe, and in 1997 in the US. The SLK is built in Bremen, Germany.
The designation SLK derives from the company’s design mission to create a roadster that was at once sporty, light and short — in German: Sportlich, Leicht und Kurz.
Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class (2011–present)
Development on the R172 began in 2005, with the final design being selected in 2008. Mercedes-Benz announced the new SLK in the autumn of 2010, several months prior to its official 2011 launch at 2011 Frankfurt Autoshow, allowing car magazines to drive disguised test cars. The company took the unusual step of issuing several press releases in October and November 2010 announcing new features such as “Magic Sky Control”. In January 2011 the car was officially announced.
- SLK 200 BlueEFFICIENCY – 1.8 L 135 kW (184 PS; 181 hp) I4 turbocharged engine, 0–100 km/h (62 mph) 7.3 seconds, top speed of 149 mph. (not available in Canada and the United States)
- SLK 250 BlueEFFICIENCY – 1.8 L 150 kW (204 PS; 201 hp) I4 turbocharged engine, 0–100 km/h (62 mph) 6.5 seconds, top speed of 152 mph.
- SLK 250 CDI BlueEFFICIENCY – 2.1 L 150 kW (204 PS; 201 hp) I4 turbocharged diesel engine, 0–100 km/h (62 mph) 6.7 seconds, top speed of 152 mph. (not available in Canada and the United States)
- SLK 350 BlueEFFICIENCY – 3.5 L 225 kW (306 PS; 302 hp) V6 engine, 0–100 km/h (62 mph) 5.6 seconds, top speed 155 mph (electronically limited).
- SLK 55 AMG – 5.5 L 310 kW (421 PS; 416 hp) V8 engine, 0–100 km/h (62 mph) 4.6 seconds, top speed 155 mph (249 km/h). In the SLK55 AMG R172 Mercedes-AMG introduced the all-new naturally aspirated 5.5 V8 engine. This engine is based on the M157 Biturbo V8 engine.